Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Alzheimer's Association - Memory Walk

This past year, my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  It has been a difficult journey for my family as we have watched her health and her memory rapidly decline.  In 2009, I made it my mission to start a team at the Alz Memory Walk in Toledo to honor my grandmother, so I became captain of "Beverly's Beauties".  We raised good money that year, but I am proud to say that 2010 brought us over 25 team members and we raised over $600 alone for the cause.  Below are pictures from the past year's walks.

Grandma Bev and I - my inspiration for the "Beverly's Beauties" team!


2009 ALZ Memory Walk - I created team shirts to help show our support for my grandmother and to show our team unity!


2010 ALZ Memory Walk - this year, I handmade scarves to show team unity and everyone loved them!  It makes me so happy to raise funds to help find a cure for such a terrible disease.





No comments:

Post a Comment